Home » In Class Assignment

In Class Assignment

This assignment was my favorite because it allowed me to write freely.

On November 19th, 2000, I was born in Provo, Utah, to a small Mormon family. On September 11th, 2001, the twin towers were hit, and my dad decided that my mom him, and I should move to New York to be closer to family. In 2002 we moved into an apartment in my grandfathers building in Coney Island. The summer of 2003, my parents separated. Later that year in December, my grandmother, my dads mom, passed away from a brain aneurysm. In 2004 my mother met my stepdad, Al. In 2005 my dad took me to Disney World. I think it because he thought I was liking Al more. In 2006 my mom and dad finally completed their divorce. In 2007 my mom and l skipped throwing me a birthday party because we moved into a home. Early in the year of 2008, Al proposed to my mom, and my dad reignited an old flame with a woman I wanted to become my stepmom. In November 2009 my mom and Al got married. In 2010 my dad and Eliza broke up, and I was sad, probably more than my dad. In 2013 my mom and Al were drifting, but I did not notice. That summer right before senior year of middle school, they sat me down and told me they were divorcing, I remember that day crystal clear. In 2013 I graduated middle school and got accepted into the high school of my dreams. In 2014 I started my freshman year and made many friendships that I thought would last forever, lost a friendship; this became a pattern in high school. That same year a bed went smack into the middle of my living room. In 2015 we sold our house, and I lived with my best friend for a few months until my mom found an apartment. In 2016 I moved into my apartment. It was the first time my mom had ever lived without a man, and my first time living with just my mom. In 2016 I celebrated my 16th birthday with a sweet 16. In 2017 I started dating my boyfriend who was initially invited to my sweet 16 as well as his the girlfriend, glad he did not come that would have been weird. In 2018 I graduated high school with fewer friends then the amount I started the year with. I also got into college. I also moved in with my mom and her boyfriend, whom I  like. In college, I made new friends who I hope last, finished my first semester of college. In 2018 I turned 18 but also learned a few days later, my dad had a tumorous cyst growing on his kidney, which was found lucky to him having kidney stones. I cried a lot, especially the day he was in the hospital, but then very happy to hear that they caught it before it spread and now I am finishing my freshman year of college. This is what my life was like in the past 19-year, and I cannot wait to hear what is in store b=for the next 19.